[BillingsLUG] Hello! (Introducing myself)

Shawn A. Wilson shawn at lannocc.com
Mon Jul 28 19:43:28 MDT 2014

Hello Kris,

Glad you found the list! As Andrew alluded to we haven't had a regular
meeting in a while. That's cool that you are doing audio work in Linux
and you mentioned radio too. Stick, or stream? I'm a Gentoo user myself
and I've been working on building MT Radio.Net and our new custom
player/broadcast system that involves darkice, icecast, mpd, with web
front-ends and service back-ends running on Tomcat via IOVAR web shell,
a platform I've been developing. I think it will be cool to chat with
you sometime because I am always interested in hearing other's opinions
on Linux audio tools and how they helped or hindered. Since you mention
Adobe Audition it sounds like you found the Linux side to be lacking. I
admit I think there's still a long ways to go.

Welcome to BLUG.

-shawn