[BillingsLUG] A Linux presentation I'd like to see

Shawn A. Wilson shawn at lannocc.com
Mon Nov 12 19:36:05 MST 2012

Whoa, déjà vu! Did you talk to Dan Denson? Because I was just talking to
him a few hours ago today about the Atari 520 ST I used to have and my
dad's Casio keyboard that I would hook up to it via MIDI ports. I didn't
do a whole lot with it but I did some basic MIDI programming in BASIC,
enough to at least record events from the Casio and play them back either
on the computer or through the keyboard.

I haven't done much with MIDI lately, but I do have a different Casio
keyboard now with MIDI ports. I also have a SoundBlaster Live that
includes MIDI ports and the right cables to hook it up. See where I'm
going? I think this would make a great future LUG topic.

Man, I do miss that old Atari, it was my favorite of the retro computers I
was exposed to (Commodore 64 and TRS-80 being the others). I was a little
sad when my grandpa made me give it back to go into his church's rummage
sale.

-shawn