[BillingsLUG] December LUG -- Embedded Show & Tell

Shawn A. Wilson shawn at lannocc.com
Fri Dec 14 14:22:50 MST 2012

On the LUG night this month (Thu 12/20) we will do a bit of embedded show
and tell. A few of us have Raspberry Pi's and Andrew N. of Rocky will show
what he's doing with an Arduino clone temperature sensor he's putting
together for around $6. I also saw an article a few days ago on using the
Pi as an FM transmitter using just software to have the clock oscillate a
GPIO pin. I'd like to try it out as the only extra hardware needed is a
wire to attach to the pin as an antenna.

This all seems to fit with some of the makerspace ideas so it'd make a
great segue into that sort of discussion. Figured we could do a joint LUG
/ MT Programmers / (future) hackerspace meeting this month.

BillingsLUG is Thursday 12/20 @ 7 PM at Lannocc Technologies, 1440 Grand Ave.

-shawn