[BillingsLUG] LinuxFest Northwest 2011 - Anyone?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 21 11:00:36 MDT 2011

Mike,

----- Original Message -----
> RDP will work going to an XP Home machine?

That is a good question.  I'm not sure.  The only XP Home machine I have is... well... at home... and I haven't tried to use RDP to access it.  All of the work Windows boxes are XP Pro and I use RDP to them quite frequently.

I guess you'll have to check.  The second paragraph on the following wikipedia page section says Windows XP Home can do it with some patches:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_administration#Windows

I concur with Larry and Dan... all of those products are pretty good.

VNC is the oldest one.  I first used VNC back in 1998.  Since VNC is FOSS it has been forked by a number of people and enhanced in different ways.  Historically it suffered from being slower because it is mostly bitmap-based and didn't originally offer any encryption.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street