[BillingsLUG] LinuxFest Northwest 2011 - Anyone?

Larry Dillon dillon.larry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:05:16 MDT 2011

Some programs people typically use are realvnc, tightvnc, ultravnc
(similar, competing free products) that require installing a client
and server part and opening up TCP port 5900 on the server's firewall.

The other thing people typically do is use a program like LogMeIn.
The target punches through the firewall so there's less configuration,
and it's easier to track multiple targets, but it seems slower than
the various vnc solutions.

Here's Wikipedia's comparison of remote access software:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

Larry